Selling digital downloads ....
PHP-eSeller is an easy to install and maintain PHP shopping cart system with a range of features
to automatically sell your mp3 files and other digital products such as ebooks, pdf and image files. It comes with a
number of PHP shopping cart templates, but you can add "buy now" and "add to cart" buttons by hand to an existing web site
if you find that more convenitent.
In addition, you can also sell physical goods as well as digital goods.
Defining a product
By default, a product is defined as digital. To make it a physical item, simply tick a checkbox.
Defining a digital product includes :
- Set a time limit for the purchaser to download the product (default 4 days).
- Set the maximum number of downloads allowed for each product (default 3).
- Define the files which can be downloaded for the product - each product
may have more than one digital download file associated with it.
In addition :
- Optionally select a category and subcategory for the product for use
with the store front.
- Enter a description of the product which is displayed in the store front / shopping cart
using a WYSIWYG style html editor.
Security of your digital products is important as this is where you make your money. You do not want
people to access your files with out paying for them.
- Location of the download files on the server cannot be deduced by looking at
the web pages.
- A unique url link is supplied to the purchaser after they
have purchased the product to allow them to download.
- When the purchaser goes to the download area, they will only see the items that
they have purchased.
- The purchaser cannot deduce the file locations and cannot download after
the time limit has expired, or if they have downloaded the item the maximum
number of times.
- For added security, and the recommended method, the files should be stored
on the web server outside the root of the web site. If they are stored within
the publicly accessible area of the web site, then the folder can be protected by
the supplied htaccess file.
- Downloads can only be made from pages on your server and not from another
- Downloaded files are not cached.
- Files are downloaded by a force download mechanism so that any file type
will present a 'save as' dialog box.
There are a number of checks in the script to ensure that the data received
from PayPal has not been modified.
- The script checks the PayPal transaction id in the database to make sure
that it has not been previously used.
- The cost/currency of the item is checked against the database to make
sure that it has not been changed.
- The receiver email address is checked to make sure that it is your primary
PayPal receiver email address.
PHP Shopping Cart and Store front
Displaying the buy now and shopping cart buttons is achieved in a number of ways to make it
as simple as possible to integrate them within an existing web site.
- Products become visible as soon as you have created them in the admin area.
- The add to cart and buy now button code is created for you on the fly for each product. Any changes
to the product definition such as cost or description, are immediately displayed.
- Products may be listed within categories and subcategories.
- The button image may be chosen from a list or you may enter the url of your own button image.
- Shopping cart systems are displayed using Bootrap Twitter version 4 so that they are fully responsive and work
on mobile devices, phones, tables and desktop computers.
- Product items and menu item categories can be sorted so that the items are displayed in the required order.
Buttons may also be created by hand if you do not want to use the shopping cart system, so you can mix your existing
physical product buttons with the digital products on an existing web site.
Email customers via newsletter
The email functions can be used to send out newsletters to all or specific
- Email all customers who have purchased any item.
- Email all customers who have purchased a particular item.
Find out more
Pricing : PHP-eSeller costs $55 U.S. Dollars.
Demo : View an on-line demo illustrating the admin pages and store front.
Enquiries : If you have any questions about the product, go to the contacts page.
Showcase : To see how customers have used the application, go to the user sites page.