Sell software license keys with PayPal ....
This is a PHP / MySQL application that you install on your web site to sell and automatically deliver license keys to a customer after purchase from PayPal. These may be mobile pin numbers, key codes or be any other form of license codes.
PHP-KeyCodes provides the checking of the completed transaction before the codes are sent out to the purchaser by email. It is an automatic delivery system where the top license code or pin number is extracted and automatically sent to the customer without any intervention by yourself.
The application does not create the pin numbers themselves although there are a set of php functions which can be
modified to do your own custom processing, for example, create a pin code based on the customer name.
The customer does not have to have a PayPal account to purchase an item but can use any supported Credit Card. PayPal
then becomes just a payment gateway for the credit card.
- Monitors the purchase so that the software license keys are sent out on completion of payment.
- Keys are stored in a table in the database for each product and the top one is extracted when purchased.
- Used license keys are removed from the database and when a minimum number is reached an email is sent to the site administrator.
- The buy now button code is displayed in the admin section for copying onto your web site.
- Includes a test page to check the operation of the scripts.
- Includes a facility to send a complementary sell to a customer.
- All pages written in PHP and script is NOT encrypted. requires mySQL.
- All credit card transactions are handled by PayPal.
For a Plugin that can be installed on WordPress click here: WordPress Version
Click on the following button which shows what happens when someone makes a purchase.
The above item costs $0.01. After purchase you will receive an email with a test software license key.
There are a number of checks in the script to ensure that the data received from PayPal has not been modified. The license key
will only be sent out when all checks are correct.
- The script checks the transaction id in the database to make sure that it has not been previously used.
- The cost and currency of the item is checked to make sure that it has not been changed.
- The receiver email address is checked to make sure that it is your primary PayPal receiver email address.
Email customers via newsletter
These functions can be used to send out newsletters to all or specific customers.
- Email all customers who have purchased any item.
- Email all customers who have purchased a particular item.
Installation and requirements
- PHP 5 and above
- Apache web server
- mySQL database version 3.23 or higher
- Linux, FreeBSD or Windows operating system on the web server
- A Paypal Business or Premier account - sign up here.
- Email functionality on the web server so that the PHP scripts can send
out emails to customers.
- If you are looking for a suitable host for you site, I would recommend the basic web hosting plan from siteground which
has all the required features for this application.
It uses only 'standard' php, does not require any extra php modules, it should not need any
changes to the .ini file and does not requires any modifications to file folder permissions.
Hints, tips and tricks : A free pdf on selling key codes from your web site
Find out more
Pricing : PHP-KeyCodes costs $45 U.S. Dollars. Click
here to go to the purchase page for further details.
Demo : To view an on-line demo illustrating the admin pages click here.
The demo is live and you may purchase items to see how the system works. Items are $0.01 in value.
Enquiries : If you have any questions about the product, go to the contacts page by clicking here.