Here are a few basic points on getting more hits for your site.
* Make sure body text is optimised for keywords.
* Make sure title tags are well written and different for each page and reflect the page content.
* Submit to search engines, although once they have been submitted, the search engines are very good at re-crawling at regular intervals. A way of submitting to search engines to to create an xml file of you site and submit that to the search engines.
* Look for other sites where you can advertise your products which may mean paying.
* Look at google adwords or other similar forms of advertising.
* Create a Google Analytic account to monitor traffic and keyword success.
* Provide content that will encorage people to return to your site e.g. free stuff, regular updates of information.
* Provide a newsletter or other means of keeping in contacts with people.
* Provide some kind of two way interaction, e.g. a forum discussion system