phpMyAdmin is a program used to manipulate databases remotely through a web interface. A good hosting package will have this included.
- Login to phpMyAdmin.
- Create a new blank database first.
- Click databases, and select the database that you will be importing your data into.
- Across the top of the screen will be a row of tabs. Click the Import tab.
- On the next screen will be a Location of Text File box, and next to that a button named Browse.
- Click Browse. Locate the backup file stored on your computer.
- Make sure the SQL radio button is checked.
- Click the Go button.
Eventually you will see a success screen.