jQuery e-Commerce Shopping Cart
This book illustrates the various technologies needed to create a complete shopping cart application using
with all the source code available from my web site.
We can take the principles of AJAX that are available in jQuery to easily fetch data from the server without
having to load the whole web page, which creates a far better experience for site visitors. We can use
jQuery with an understanding of HTML and CSS to modify and interact with a shopping system.
So this book is about creating attractive web layouts and interactive web pages as simply as possible.
It would be helpful if you have a basic understanding of coding. This can be knowledge of any language so
We don't go into the basics of programming such as describing what a “for loop” is or what an “if else statement”
is although we do describe principles where necessary.
All examples are provided as downloads so you should be able to follow the code without too many issues.
You should also have a reasonable understanding of HTML and CSS but you can get by with only a rudimentary knowledge
of these. For example, you need to know the difference between >p< and >br/< and you need to know
how to create a CSS file with some styles.
- Chapter 01 – Introduction
- Chapter 02 - Responsive Web Design
- Chapter 03 - Using jQuery to Manipulate the DOM
- Chapter 04 - jQuery Animation and Other Effects
- Chapter 05 - Cookies, Session and Local Storage
- Chapter 06 - JSON Format
- Chapter 07 - Fetching an external JSON file
- Chapter 08 - Displaying the Web Page
- Chapter 09 - Local Storage Shopping Cart
- Chapter 10 - PayPal IPN in PHP
- Chapter 11 - Shopping Cart with IPN
- Chapter 12 - AJAX and Flickr API
- Appendix - Using XAMPP
jQuery source code for the book
Click to download the source code for the book
Purchase from US Amazon Store
Click to purchase from US Amazon Store
Purchase from UK Kindle store
Click to purchase from UK Amazon Store